Tuesday, August 30, 2011

woot. coffee.

So here I am sitting at a new (well, new to me) coffee shop in down town Tulsa.
I am in love.
This place is super chill, maybe even a little raw. It isn't perfectly put together. Basically, not my typical coffee shop. But again, I love it. The atmosphere of the shop meshes with the feel of down town really well. Hey, there is even a bike rack inside. 2 points for being awesome and supporting exercise. :)

So thanks Nick Livingston aka "Nicko" for helping a directionally challenged girl find Double Shot. My heart is happy.

As I sit here I am being super typical and doing two things.
1. Being "that" Christian doing her quiet time at a coffee shop. (don't judge me.)
2. And, well I am blogging. Do I pass as a coffee shop girl? Hope so. ;)

As I was reading I came across this verse in 1 John 4:16
We have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

God is love. I am so thankful for that truth.

So this is the question that is on my heart. Is Gods love seeping out of me. Is it an overflow of my heart. Is His love constantly in my actions and my words.

Or


Are my judgements being laid super thick on the people around me? I am not talking about iron sharpening iron but am I being self righteous and judgy?

The verse above specifically states that whoever abides in love abides in God. Now this isn't earthy love but a God's perfect love. (another post for another time. If you have question about the difference, please ask.)

In John 16:35 it says,
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

We have GOT to love one another. Be so quick to forgive one another. Love one another regardless. The lost will come to know Jesus by our love. Don't forget that it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. Let's put away our petty differences and show the world who Jesus is. Let's carry His Name by the way we love. Take the time to be kind today.

Let's take up our cross and die to ourselves and decide to love.

Dear self,
remember these things.


just some thoughts I am thinking. Obvi.

Go check out double shot.

Mon






No comments:

Post a Comment