Tuesday, September 6, 2011

thoughts.

Life is so interesting. I love God's sense of humor. I really believe He loves to stretch me. Stretching me hurts but His glory is the reason behind the lack of comfort. So, let's go.

Just a couple of thoughts from my life as of late:

Living in denial will leave you blind.
There is such truth in that statement. Whenever we deny or ignore the truth it leaves us ignorant. Lord, keep me from denying my convictions.

I had a friend tell me recently that she has been praying that when she sins that people will find her out. That way she will stop sinning. She asked me if that was crazy or weird. I told her that it was spiritually mature to pray like that. She gets it. She desires holiness, she was asking Jesus to do whatever it takes for her to be holy. For the love, that is a bold but God glorifying prayer.
Jesus, let my desire for holiness be that strong.

Sometimes the easy thing and the right thing are not always the same.
I think that we have this misconception that whenever we do the right thing, it won't be offensive to others. We believe that the right thing will not ruffle any feathers. Wrong. Whenever we do what's right, we are most likely shedding light in the darkness. That isn't always comfortable, and it is bold. But it's right. Jesus, help me seek righteousness.

We cannot allow our hurts and frustrations move us to self righteousness. Whenever we get hurt or someone sins against us, we (I) tend to get really prideful. I see my way and my hurt without seeing the other side of the story. Jesus, let me be quick to forgive.

Just some thoughts. :)

Love y'all.
Mon

No comments:

Post a Comment